Simple Steps to Prepare Recyclables
- GLASS - Clear, brown and green should be rinsed clean.
- ALUMINUM, TIN and STEEL CANS should be rinsed clean.
- PLASTIC should be rinsed clean. ALL PLASTICS MUST HAVE: the recycling symbol and the #1-#7 clearly marked on the item to be recycled.
- ASEPTIC PACKAGING such as juice boxes and milk completely emptied and rinsed if possible.
- CORRUGATED CARDBOARD should be flattened inside the recycling barrel. Corrugated cardboard consists of cardboard where the center layer is ridged.
- MIXED PAPER such as junk mail, magazines, newspaper, cartons and office paper are accepted. As a general rule "if it tears, it's paper" and can be recycled. Packages partially comprised of foil, blueprints, and food soiled paper (such as napkins and paper plates) are excluded.