Records Division

Records division is responsible for managing document flow and retention.

How do I obtain a Gun Permit?

You must complete an application consisting of current and past employment, work and residence information, and the names and addresses of three references.  Once submitted, the process takes approximately 14 business days. A $10.00 fee is due upon approval and receipt of the permit. You must print out the form and drop it off at the PD.

Please fill out the form completely. REFERENCES: They should NOT be a relative, if possible. They should know that you’re using them as a reference. PICKING UP YOUR PERMIT: Must be done in person – you must pick up your own permit. If you cannot pick up the permit on a weekday between 8:00 AM and 4:00 PM, please call the Records Division at 497-2900 to make other arrangements. Bring a photo ID (i.e., driver’s license) Please bring exactly $10.00 cash or a check. We cannot make change. We do NOT accept credit or debit cards.
How do I obtain a Record Check?

Only you can request a copy of your Criminal/Motor Vehicle record. All criminal and motor vehicle record checks are done at the NH State Police Criminal Records Department 33 Hazen Dr. Concord, NH 223-3867. They are open M-F 8:15 to 4:15, require a $25.00 fee and they’re done while you wait. A photo ID is required to obtain the information.

What information will my Record Check contain?

Any and all adult criminal convictions will be reported. Any motor vehicle convictions for the previous 10 years will be included. You may want to verify with the requesting agency if a statewide check is needed. This would then need to be done through the NH State Police.

How do I have Fingerprints taken?

The organization requesting fingerprints from you will supply a fingerprint card. You must bring the completed card(s) to your resident police department.

How do I get copies of an Incident Report?

Requests must be made in writing either by request forms obtained at the Police Station or by letter from an individual or Insurance Co., etc. The fee is $15.00 for the first 5 pages, and $2.00 for each additional page. Incident reports are individually reviewed for release. Incident reports can not be released if there are suspects, accused, or arrested parties mentioned in the report. Edited copies may be released in certain cases. Any questions pertaining to the release can be answered by our record clerks.

How do I obtain a Domestic Violence Petition (DVP)/Restraining Order?

You need to apply at the District Court in your City or Town.

How is the order served?

The order can only be served in hand (in person) by a police officer. The order can be served at place of employment or residence. The order will be served as timely as possible. All reasonable attempts are made to locate the defendant. The petition is NOT IN EFFECT until served to the defendant. If problems arise prior to service being made, the plaintiff should contact their local authorities and advise them of the problem at hand. Service of the petition will be attempted at that time.

What do I do once it’s been served?

The temporary restrictions must be followed by the defendant and plaintiff until appearance in court. You need to appear in court on the date listed on the petition to address charges. The court then decides whether or not the order will continue or be revoked.

What are the parking fines and why am I getting notices telling me the fine has increased?
Violation Initial Fine After 7 Days
Handicap Parking $250.00 Court
Glen Lake Beach $25.00 $50.00
No Parking Zone $15.00 $30.00
Winter Parking (November 15, to April 15) $15.00 $30.00
Wrong Side of Street $15.00 $30.00
Fire Lane $15.00 $30.00
Tow Zone $15.00 $30.00
Parking / Fire Hydrant $15.00 $30.00
Parking Sidewalk / Crosswalk $25.00 $50.00

After 7 days, the initial fines go up and notices are sent out on any unpaid parking fines. You do not have 30 days to pay parking citations, these are not bills, these are fines.

If not paid within 14 days of letter, summons for Must Appear in Court is issued to registered vehicle owner.

What is parking during the Winter all about?

The Winter Parking Ban is in effect between November 15 – April 15, from 12:00 midnight to 8:00 am. It is a town ordinance that has been on the books for a number of years. The town does not put up signs when the ban goes into effect. Rather, in early November, there is extensive information about the ban in the “Manchester Union Leader-New Hampshire Sunday News”, on local radio stations and on WMUR-TV Channel 9.

I just moved to this town. How am I supposed to know about all of these parking regulations?

Whenever you move to a new area, it’s a good idea to check with the local police department about parking regulations, or any other rules and regulations for that matter, especially if parking is not provided where you live. Check with your landlord about where to park in the area if parking is not provided to you. It’s also a good idea to at least occasionally check local news stations, radio stations and newspapers. Boston area news stations and papers do not always give local Goffstown news information.

When do I have to report an accident to the Police?

According to N.H. RSA 264:25, Reporting Requirements: In the State of New Hampshire, any Motor Vehicle Accident causing death, personal injury, or combined damage in excess of $1,000 must be reported in writing to the Division of Motor Vehicles within 15 days. This can be accomplished by calling the Police to the scene so that they can file a report. If the police file a report this meets the above requirement, and you as the driver are not required to notify the Division of Motor Vehicles. An alternative to calling the Police is to obtain a State of New Hampshire Motor Vehicle Accident Report form and complete it yourself and then mail it to the State. These forms are available at the Goffstown Police Department, as well as at the Registry of Motor Vehicles. By Town Ordinance any accident, no matter how minor, must be reported to the Goffstown Police Department by filling out a Town Accident Report form.

The form must be filled out and returned to the police department within 48 hours of the accident. Penalty for not doing so may require an appearance in court to answer why the Town Ordinance was not honored.

I was involved in an accident with a motorist who does not have insurance and the accident was not my fault. It doesn’t seem right that I have to pay my $500 deductible on my insurance. Is there anything I can do?

Yes. RSA 417-A:11, Conditions Under Which Collision Coverage Deductible Shall Not Apply, states “When an automobile insurance policy contains coverage for physical damage by reason of collision, the deductible amount of such coverage shall not apply if the damage is caused by an uninsured motor vehicle, including a motor vehicle which is uninsured within the definition of RSA 259:117, and the operator of the uninsured vehicle had been positively identified and is solely at fault.”

How do I get a copy of my accident report?

You have to come to the Goffstown Police Department Records Division window M-F from 8:00-4:00. The standard copying fee will be enforced.

I was in an accident and need the other persons insurance company. How do I get this information?

If a police report was done, and if the other person has insurance, that information should be noted on the accident report. We will give you this information if you are the driver and/or owner of one of the vehicles involved in the accident.

I need my accident report case number for my insurance company. Can I get this?

Yes. Give us a call and with your name and the date/location of the accident we should be able to get this information for you.

Police reports, traffic accident reports, photographs, and other related items are available to the public for a processing fee. Requests for accident reports, incident reports, and other items can be made in person at the police station or through the U.S. Mail. Public assistance for obtaining reports is available from 8 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. The following information is necessary to identify the requested report:

  Report number (if available)
  Parties involved
  Location of occurrence
  Date of occurrence

Reports must be paid for at the time of pick-up, or prior to mailing or electronic transfer. Make all checks payable to “Town of Goffstown” Mailing address: Goffstown Police Department 326 Mast Road Goffstown, New Hampshire 03045

For further information contact the Records Division, Monday through Friday, 8:15 A.M. to 4:00 P.M., at (603) 497-2900.