Center Street Bridge over Harry Brook

The Town is enrolled in the NH Department of Transportation State Aid Bridge (SAB) program for replacement of the current structure which carries Harry Brook (NHDOT bridge # 129/116). The SAB program provides 80% funding from either state or federal infrastructure funds for both design and construction, with the Town providing the remaining 20%. The current structure is an 18-foot diameter multi-plate metal culvert and was constructed in 1972.

The Department of Public Works has hired Quantum Construction Consultants for the engineering study and design. Current plans include sidewalk on both sides of the street and additional lane width for bicycles. Construction of the bridge is slated for 2025 or 2026. Due to the proximity to schools and primary emergency response routes, the Department is proposing accelerated bridge construction methods to reduce the duration of the detour.

There will be a Public Information Meeting 4/24/23, for the full press release please click here. For a PDF of the slideshow please click here.

To view this and other Goffstown bridges on the NHDOT Bridge Mapper page, please click here.

Original 1971 bridge plans, please click here.

For the latest (2021) NHDOT inspection report, click here.


30020220222 08511420220222 085226